At All Source, we know that the devil is in the details – and by that we mean that details truly matter when it comes to a clean office space. We’ve spent years learning different tips and tricks to keep your office spaces clean, and so we’ve decided to compile a small guide for you with some of those tips!
When you need office cleaning services in Bloomington and the surrounding areas, contact All Source! We are proud to handle office cleaning for you, but if you need some help cleaning the small things between visits, keep reading! We’ll discuss how to clean a few very common items within your office space.
A staple in every office, your computer mouse in constantly being touched. Whether you’re the only one using your computer mouse, or it’s a mouse in a conference room being used by multiple people throughout the day – your computer mouse can get dirty.
Over time, dirt and oil from your skin can make its way into the mouse, clogging the buttons and decreasing the mouse’s function.
To clean your computer mouse, there are a few simple steps:
- For a wired mouse, unplug it. For a wireless mouse, turn it off.
- Using a cotton pad slightly dampened with rubbing alcohol, gently clean the bottom of your mouse. Sometimes you’ll need a toothpick to get dirt that’s really caked in there.
- Using a toothpick again, gently remove dirt from between the buttons on the top of the mouse.
- With a cloth dampened by anti-bac, wipe down the top of the mouse to deter the spread of germs.
After a quick wipe down to your mouse pad, your computer mouse is good to go!
Another essential piece of office equipment, your computer screen has probably seen better days. Any time you sneeze, touch your screen, cough, or more – your screen gets dirty. As something that most of us look at constantly throughout the day, it’s important to keep your screen clean for the best viewing quality!
To clean your computer screen, follow these instructions:
- Mix a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and distilled water into a spray bottle (or keep one handy if you want to clean your screen regularly!)
- Make sure your screen is turned off and everything is unplugged.
- Spray some of the vinegar mix onto a microfiber cloth, and then clean your screen by rubbing the cloth in small circles.
- Using a dry microfiber cloth, lightly buff the screen in small circles again until it’s dry for a streak-free finish.
A clean screen can help you feel more motivated at work and keep you from feeling distracted by that one spot that’s just slightly in the way of where you need to work.
The most common place to get crumbs at your desk is always the keyboard. As one of the harder things to keep clean in your office, it’s important to take the time to regularly remove crumbs and dirt from your keyboard. To thoroughly clean a mechanical keyboard, follow these quick steps:
- Make sure your keyboard is off, whether that’s a switch for a wireless keyboard or unplugging a wired one.
- Using a flathead screwdriver, pop off the key buttons and wash them with warm soapy water.
- With a can of compressed air, blow out all remaining crumbs from the base of the keyboard while the keys are drying.
- Replace the keys.
Once your keyboard is turned back on, you’re ready to go with your newly cleaned keyboard!
If you need more extensive office cleaning services in Bloomington and the surrounding area or want a professional to come in and take care of things regularly, call All Source! You can request a free estimate or call us at 952-473-3228.