We’ve probably all been there at some point. You are at work, taking care of business in the bathroom stall and you reach for the toilet paper only to discover its an empty roll! If you are lucky, there may be someone in an adjoining stall who can hand over a wad of paper from their dispenser. If, however, you are in the bathroom alone, you might have to make a run to another stall or wait for someone to help you out.
As a cleaning company that handles consumable supplies, such as toilet paper, we can feel your pain. We know how awkward, embarrassing and just inconvenient it is to not have toilet paper when you need it. In honor of this, we want to share some fun facts about toilet paper. In the meantime, you can contact us to restock your consumable supplies in St Louis Park, so you can hopefully avoid this situation in the future.
- The first recorded use of toilet paper was in 6th century China.
- Packaged toilet paper wasn’t sold in the United States until 1857.
- The first splinter-free toilet paper wasn’t manufactured until 1935 (ouch!).
- Throughout history, what people used to wipe depended on their economic status. Wealthy Romans employed wool soaked in rose water and French royalty used lace.
- About 4 billion people in the world don’t use toilet paper (that’s nearly 75 percent of the world’s population) because it’s too expensive and they don’t have sufficient plumbing.
- Americans use an average of 8.6 sheets of toilet paper each time they go to the restroom and an average of 57 sheets per day.
- The average American uses 100 rolls of toilet paper per year.
- 7 percent of Americans admit to stealing toilet paper rolls from hotels.
- The daily production of toilet paper is about 83,048,116 rolls.
- When asked what they’d bring if stuck on a deserted island, 49 percent of people said they’d bring toilet paper before food.
The next time you use your office restroom, remember to be thankful for consumable supplies like toilet paper. As a final tip, remember to always check the toilet paper dispenser before sitting on the toilet, just in case!
If you would like us to handle the consumable supplies for your St Louis Park business, give us a call at 952-473-3228 or Contact Us. We will make sure you don’t run out of toilet paper!