In this day and age, it’s more important than ever for your business to be as green and environmentally friendly as possible. You want to help reduce your carbon footprint and be a responsible member of your community. Not only that, but some of these tips might help your office save some money on supplies! One of the best ways to help the environment is by reducing the amount of consumable office supplies your St Louis Park business uses. Here are a few tips and tricks on how to go about doing this.
- If your office doesn’t already have one in place, start a recycling program. Most areas offer recycling pick-up services for an extra monthly fee. Go out and buy a new trash can and mark it for recyclables only. Encourage your staff to recycle cans, cardboard, plastic, newspaper and other items like that.
- When purchasing paper for your office, buy recycled paper whenever you can and whenever it is practical.
- Have a spot for people to place used pieces of paper that they don’t need anymore. Encourage your employees to go to that stash any time they need scratch paper instead of using a new piece of blank paper.
- If you are having a big office lunch, try to get metal utensils to use. These utensils can be washed and used again. While metal utensils might not be practical for everyday use, you can help cut down on the number of disposable utensils you use when you use metal utensils whenever you can.
- Encourage your employees to bring reusable cups, thermoses, water bottles and similar items to use at the office on a daily basis. Along the same lines, ask your employees to use reusable bags for their lunches and to carry other items in and out of the office.
- When your office receives any delivery boxes, save them so you can reuse them to ship items back out.
- Whenever possible, print using black ink, not color.
- If you have any office-wide memos to distribute, do so via email. Print out a copy or two, if need be, and hang them in the kitchen or break room.
Are you interested in learning more about consumable office supplies in St Louis Park? Call All Source at 952-473-3228 or contact us to get a Free Estimate.